Friday 4 June 2010

Reader Roundup: June 4

It's time for another Reader Roundup!

So, what did I read lately that I enjoyed?
  • *Spoiler alert* At the Fluid Druid, they posted up the changes for Resto and Balance Druids in the latest Alpha build. There's some interesting information about the new Tree of Life form and other talents.  *If you don't want to read spoilers for Cataclysm, don't click the link!*

  • Looking for More had this great article about how to give advice to people who need it. This is a difficult task for anyone who like to help people, but seems to be very easy for those who like to tell others how to play their class.

  • Over at the Shifting Perspectives column at wow.com, there are some awesome screenshots of what different classes would look like in Tier 5 Druid armour. If gnome druids were available, I'd be rerolling in a second!

  • Allison Robert at wow.com came up with another gem with the Cynic's Guide to World of Warcraft. Brilliant!

  • Kairri the Shaman talked about an article in which a kid uses the skills he learned in WoW to save his sister from a moose.  I know, it's old, but I hadn't seen it before and it made me giggle.

  • Miss Medicina has decared the month of June to be Celebrate Geeky Women month. Here's to all my geek girls out there!

  • Larisa linked a brilliant video called Avatar Days.  You may have already seen it linked around in other places, but if you haven't, do yourself a favour and check it out. The use of 3D models in a real-world film is captivating, even if the commentary is a little dry. 

  • I got some email this week!!! I had an email from the people behind 2v2.com, a new website containing strategies for 2v2 arenas for all classes.  Since I'm not a PvPer by any means, I thought I'd link here anyway and let you guys see for yourselves. The site certainly looks comprehensive, with descriptions of each class's strategies and weaknesses, as well as class combination strategies.  Go look if you're interested in arena!

  • And finally, I'd like to wish Fimlys and Nibuca congratulations on the second anniversary of the Twisted Nether Blogcast! I've been listening since the first episodes, although I did take a break in the middle while I wasn't playing. I've always enjoyed listening to the show though, especially the interviews of different bloggers. It's nice to put a voice to.. a writer, I guess. Anyway, head over to twistednether.net and wish them a happy podcast-aversary, and have a listen to the latest episode.
blog comments powered by Disqus