R&R just missed out on the first iteration of this Healing Webring, but Saunder has revived it and almost everyone has blogged about it recently. Fannon and Sparrowgal were kind enough to tag me this time around, so here are my answers. Keep in mind that I'm not raiding at the moment, so I've answered the questions from a 5-man-only point of view. Please feel free to point out where I'm going wrong if you so desire!
1. What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Leesah and Aoifen, Restoration Druids
2. What is your primary group healing environment?
5-mans, Heroic and non.
3. What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
My favourite would have to be Swiftmend. Although not always as powerful now as it has been in the past, it has always been great for that extra quick burst when needed. Always mix with Glyph of Swiftmend!
4. What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
This is a bit of a draw between Tranquillity and Tree of Life. The only time I really remember to use Tranquillity is when the proverbial is hitting the fan. I know I should use it more often, but it just doesn't occur to me to use it. Similarly, Tree of Life only gets used during boss fights when I remember to pop it.
5. What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
Since I'm not healing with other classes at the moment I'm not sure what's unique to Druids any more, but it always used to be the mitigation factor - loading up with Hots to soften spike damage.
6. What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
We don't really have the big nuke heals of other classes, so heavy damage can sometimes be a little scary. I am sure there are other weaknesses in a raiding situation but I can't comment on those.
7. In a 25 man raiding environment, what do you feel, in general, is the best healing assignment for you?
I can't answer this one!
8. What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
Well, I don't heal with others at the moment but in Wrath 10-mans I did used to enjoy having a paladin looking after the tank while I sorted the rest out.
9. What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
I'm always happy to heal with another healer, no matter what type!
10. What is your worst habit as a healer?
Casting Rejuvenation on everyone even though I believe it's quite inefficient these days. Old habits die hard!
11. What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
People taking avoidable damage, even though I do it myself when DPS-ing. Yeah, I'm hypocritical like that.
12. Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
I can't really answer this one since I can't compare myself so easily with others, but I don't feel like I'm particularly overpowered or struggling too much with keeping people alive. While I'm still healing on my own I guess that's all that counts.
13. What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
While my guild was still raiding I kept an eye on the logs, but these days as long as people (specifically, the tank) aren't dying, my job is done. If I'm running out of mana I know I've done something wrong.
14. What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
This is a tricky question - I'm really not sure what misconceptions about Druids are. I'll leave this one to my more experienced colleagues to answer.
15. What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
Learning the spells to use to manage mana effectively is quite a difficult process, as is getting the hang of both Lifebloom rolling and keeping Harmony up. Practice makes perfect, but using tools such as Power Auras can be quite helpful!
16. If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
Probably quite a lot of overhealing. I generally keep Lifebloom rolling using Healing Touch or Nourish so if the tank isn't taking damage it's all overheal.
17. Haste or Crit and why?
I think the Haste "breakpoint" business in Cataclysm is one of the most difficult concepts I've ever had to attempt to understand in this game. I'm aiming for Haste at roughly 1420 for an extra tick of Regrowth. The next point after that is Wild Growth at over 2000, which is a little tricky with non-raid gear. After 1420 Haste I will probably be aiming for Mastery rather than Crit, as it increases our throughput. (Thanks to Windsoar for helping me get my brain around Haste!)
18. What healing class do you feel you understand least?
Paladins. I have healed on Shaman and Priest, but the direct heal style of the Paladin seems like a foreign language to me. I'll have to give it another shot one of these days.
19. What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
Grid + Clique, Power Auras, Decursive. DBM to remind me of boss mechanics.
20. Do you strive primarily for balance between your healing stats, or do you stack some much higher than others, and why?
Primarily Intellect, followed by Haste up to a point, Spirit for mana, then Mastery for throughput.