Monday 1 March 2010

Looking for Multitudes

Leesah made a new best friend last night, after achieving Looking For Multitudes.

He's completely adorable, except that I think he might have worms - he keeps scratching his bum along the ground in a quite off-putting way.

So, what has Elder Leesah learned from grouping with 100 random people?
  1. There are good tanks, there are great tanks... and then there are tanks who are still learning.

  2. DON'T PANIC!  Panic leads to death.  Use Swiftmend, use Wild Growth, use Tranquility.  Let the mage die.  He'll get over it.

  3. If a party member makes jokes about women, abuse, racism or whatever, and you are offended, chances are someone else in the group is too.  Just vote-kick the joker.

  4. People will roll need on offspec items then leave the group.  Items that are healer items.  Grrr.

  5. If a cloth item drops that you really want, and you are not a clothie, everyone will roll disenchant and it will be de'd before your QQ'ing eyes.

  6. The DK/Shaman/Hunter/Retpally keeps pulling aggro.  Let them die, or spam heal them?  That, my friends, is the question.

  7. Warlocks Lifetap constantly.  Every time they do it, it scares the hell out of me.  I think they do it on purpose to freak me out.

  8. People who refer to other party members by their class name really make my blood boil.  Go on, call me "druid" ONE MORE TIME.

  9. People are impatient.  I think in 4 out of 5 groups, the tank will go charging off into the first mobs before waiting for buffs or to make sure the healer is ready.  Most of the time I am able to catch up.  Other times, death.

  10. I queue for heroics as healer/dps.  I have been surprised by how often I get into a group as dps.  In fact, I usually get in as dps while I'm in resto spec, and in as a healer when I'm in dps spec.  This means I'm often frantically swapping specs and gear and trying to mana up at the start.  Refer to point 9 for the logical conclusion.
In summary, I've found the LFD system to be incredibly useful and makes the emblem-farming process a lot faster.  Most of the time, people are polite, and while I've had a few bad experiences, the majority of the runs have been great.

The only gripe I have about it is that you can't choose just to group with people from your server.  I'd like to be able to suss out guilds while doing heroics, but I very rarely get random people from my server.  I guess I'd better get stuck into pug raids instead.

What, dear readers, have you learned from the LFD system?  Do share your stories!
blog comments powered by Disqus