Friday 10 December 2010

First Few Days



It's time for a meme!  This Cataclys-meme came from Janyaa of Muradin's Musings, although I read about it on Type "H" for Heals so it's doing a good job of being passed around so far. It also ties in quite nicely with this week's Blog Azeroth Shared Topic, suggested by Jaedia.
  1. Disk or Download?
    Download. It was the most smooth game purchase I think I've ever had - I didn't even notice it downloading anything!

  2. Did you experience any difficulties? IE: Login servers crashing, late delivery, etc?
    Nope, it was great. At 6pm my time on the 7th, I logged out with the rest of the US/Oceanic population and had trouble reconnecting for about 10 minutes. After that I was able to log in and train my flying right away. I'm feeling sorry for those people on high-population servers who have had hours of queues this week - I haven't seen one at all on Nagrand yet.

  3. What are you doing first? IE: Speed leveling to 85, rolling a new race, completely avoiding the new content, etc?
    Sadly I haven't had a lot of time to play this week so my Druid is still only level 82, but I will be leveling to 85 as soon as I can. I have been mucking about with Archaeology a little bit but haven't really looked at other professions yet.

  4. Mt. Hyjal or Vash’jir?
    Mt Hyjal!  As a Druid I felt it was my duty to head up there and see what I could do to help. I will probably take my Mage to Vashj'ir when I get around to leveling her.

  5. Worgen or Goblin?
    I rolled a Worgen, even though my other characters are Horde - I really wanted to see Gilneas and the other side of the quests I'd already done in Silverpine and wow, haven't they done a great job with that? It almost felt like I was playing a different game while working through the worgen quests. We'll see how much I actually get to play her. At some point I will roll a Goblin, but it's a little way down the priority list.

  6. Questing, dungeons or both?
  7. I intend to do both, although so far I have only been questing with Mr Ang.  I really wanted to do the first dungeons with guildies rather than randoms, but for some reason not many of my guildies have been online so far.  I'd really rather not pug the new dungeons but it might be the only way I get to see places like Blackrock Caverns while they're still relevant!

  8. What was the first piece of gear you replaced and with what?
    I replaced my Frozen Bonespike with Druidic Channeler's Mace.  It wasn't a huge upgrade, but I thought I might as well take it. I've since also replaced my Tier 10 head and Muradin's Spyglass!

  9. Did you take any time off from work or school?
    No. Since the game released at 6pm our time, I didn't need to miss out on work or sleep to play right away. The following couple of days I was pretty distracted, but it's been busy at work so I wouldn't really have been able to take time off.

  10. Will you be keeping the same spec and main, or changing to a different toon?
    My Druid is my main and will be for the foreseeable future.  I love playing her too much to change :) I'm leveling as Balance but will go back to Resto for dungeons.

  11. What’s been your favorite aspect of Cataclysm so far?
    Hmm, that's a tough question. I've liked pretty much everything I've seen so far - flight in Azeroth, questing in Mount Hyjal (sooo epic), Archaeology, the revamped zones including New Orgrimmar. I think my absolute favourite has been the visibility of major lore figures while questing in Mount Hyjal - they have never been so visible before, complete with voice acting for each.  It made me feel like I was actually a hero of Azeroth taking part in important storylines.
Bring on the next chapter of leveling!
blog comments powered by Disqus