Wednesday 16 February 2011

Change of Pace


There's change in the air.  With quite a few bloggers calling it quits around the place and other seasoned players heading off to try out Rift, things are shifting slightly in the Blogosphere and Twitterverse.

Fannon of Dwarven Battle Medic is welcoming his first little Dwarfling to the family (hopefully already welcomed by now - they were at the hospital at the time of writing!), and he wrote the other day about changing priorities and managing limited play time. He still intends to raid with his guild and I wish him the very best of luck in trying to continue with his goals.

I'm on the final stretch - just five-ish weeks left before my Sproutling makes an appearance (at least I hope it will only be that long!). Unlike Fannon, I have no intentions of trying to keep up with any in-game commitments. My guild has actually fallen back to a casual guild - with too many of our old raid team taking breaks or not having time to gear up, raiding is not looking like happening any time soon.

I'm not planning to give up altogether, if the little Sprout permits me time. I've geared my Druid up to raid level more or less, but I've shifted my focus more to my other characters, and rediscovering the "new" game.  My little Priest, Angelya, just dinged 50 and has been enjoying the quest lines through the new Thousand Needles and Tanaris. Once the little one gets a bit older and I have more time again, Leesah will hopefully make a comeback.

If you're feeling burned out already or a change of pace is needed, I do recommend a new character to check out the improved zones - I am delighted so far with what I've discovered !
blog comments powered by Disqus