Tuesday 13 March 2012

Guardian of Cenarius

I'm a believer of things being in their rightful place. Tonight I'm happy, because one of my Druids finally has the Guardian of Cenarius title - achieved for being exalted with Cenarion Circle and Cenarion Expedition.

I expected that the real grind would be in the Cenarion Circle in Silithus, but in fact it was the other way around. Allow me to share my path towards the achievement.

Cenarion Circle


The first thing I made sure of was that I had done all the quests that can give reputation. There are quests with CC rep in a lot more zones than just Silithus - a full list can be found on Wowhead:
  • Western Plaguelands
  • Southern Barrens
  • Un'Goro Crater
  • Desolace
  • Silithus

After the quests were done I was already into revered. The rest of the way to exalted can be finished in a few different ways:
  • Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj (AQ20) raid - I soloed this once as a Moonkin and had no trouble up to the final boss, and gathered quite a lot of reputation for doing it. The final boss is a bit trickier on your own, and I ended up running out of time due to server maintanance!
  • Hand in [Encrypted Twilight Texts]. These drop from Twilight Cultists and can be handed in in batches of 10 to an NPC in Cenarion Hold.
  • Kill Twilight Cultists. These guys have several encampments around Silithus and respawn quite quickly. They also give 10 reputation per kill, so if Encrypted Texts aren't dropping at least you're still gaining rep.
  • Wowhead also says that the PvP objective in Silithus, turning in Silithyst around the zone and turning it in to your faction NPC also gives reputation. Carrying Silithyst gives you a movement penalty when mounted up, so I doubt this is a very efficient method of collecting rep.

In all, the revered - exalted grind only took me a few hours.

Cenarion Expedition


Important Note: The quest to hand in Unidentified Plant Parts is only available until honoured. If you get any [Uncatalogued Species], wait until after you are honoured to turn them in to maximise your gains after honoured. I didn't realise this until after it was too late - all my Plant Parts were then useless and I added a large chunk of grind to the end of my journey. RTFM, Ang.
  1. Hand in your Unidentified Plant Parts, then your Uncataloged Species. You can either buy the plant parts from the AH, or kill mobs in Zangarmarsh or Steamvaults, Slave Pens and Underbog to get them.
  2. Once you get to Honoured, make sure you do all the available quests for CE rep.  The Cenarion Expedition is based in Zangarmarsh, but there are also quests giving reputation in Hellfire Peninsula, Terrokar Forest and Blades Edge Mountains in Outlands, and also the quests from D.E.H.T.A. in Borean Tundra, Northrend.
  3. Run Steamvaults, Slave Pens and Underbog. Do the quests inside the instances too - some of them give CE reputation.
Sadly, it is no longer possible to get the [Orders from Lady Vashj] quest item required to turn in Coilfang Armaments. Wowhead says it was removed due to an oversight in patch 4.3 - why they haven't fixed it again I have no idea. I guess the 65 Armaments I collected from my Steamvaults runs will have to be sold on, or passed to another toon in the hope it might be fixed one day!

In all, it took a few extra days to get to exalted with Cenarion Expedition. I ran a combination of heroic Coilfang instances about 7 or 8 times and got a few nice transmog pieces out of it as well.

So what are you waiting for? Make your Druid a Guardian of Cenarius today!
blog comments powered by Disqus